Project sponsored by DSEE
LaruHelpsUkraine e.V. is a humanitarian organization founded in Berlin the day after the start of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine on 24 February.
From 01.09.2022 till 31.12.2022 we implemented the LARU project with the support of DSEE (Deutsche Stiftung für Engagement und Ehrenamt). In this project, LaruHelpsUkraine e.V. became a guide through the administrative, bureaucratic and cultural jungle of Berlin for people who left Ukraine because of the war. During the project, LARU became a bridge between the refugees from Ukraine and German society.
The core of the project became the website www.laruhelpsukraine.com – an information portal that collected important and necessary information about life in Berlin. Here, anyone could get step-by-step instructions for the first necessary actions in Berlin. During the work of the project, the website was visited by 35600 people.
The following services were provided within the project:
1. Online consultations – 663 as well as CV creation in German – 73.
2. Assistance in filling out documents for the Job Center, WBS, child allowance, medical insurance, as well as preparing response letters to questions from various authorities – 683.
3. Conducting classes and trainings for children and adults in the framework of psychosocial adaptation and integration – 245 (3127 participants).
4. Accompaniment by interpreter to the doctors (priority was given to complex medical cases and to children with disabilities) – 118.
5. Accompaniement to the instances of Berlin – 181.
The project team consisted of more than 50 people. These were the residents of Berlin, as well as Ukrainians who came to Berlin because of the war in Ukraine and found the strength and energy to support other people who found themselves in a difficult situation.
All services within the framework of the project were provided free of charge, in Ukrainian and/or Russian language.